The Mohammed bin Rashid Academy of Scientists (MBRAS) is a consortium of the UAE’s top researchers in the fields of sciences, engineering and medicine. MBRAS recognizes distinguished scientists and researchers through its membership and affiliation. MBRAS aims to establish a link between institutions and the government through supporting evidence-based policies and solutions to challenges and creating opportunities.
Broaden the impact of the UAE scientific community
Activate the role of scientists in the UAE’s development process
Provide advice to government entities on the best policies that can be adopted in scientific and research fields
Shape the future of scientific and technological advancement.
- Reviewing membership/ affiliation criteria annually.
- Conducting interviews to choose members and affiliates.
- Committee membership is for academy members only.
- Promoting STEM study and research
- Retaining scientific talent
- Nurturing young scientists
- Supporting local media to promote coverage of science-related news.
- Developing Science and Technology Journalism Program.
- Promoting science literacy in collaboration with media channels.
The advisory boards includes experts supporting government and advisory on S&T matters and they will be the passive body called on by federal government when needed
MBRAS Annual Meeting
The annual meeting is one of MBRAS initiatives held annually with the participation of all MBRAS members and affiliates. The meeting aims to discuss the challenges in the fields of health and medical sciences, engineering sciences, and natural sciences through different roundtables and workshops. Members and affiliates will be responsible for developing initiatives and action plans to overcome the sector challenges, achieve the national agenda objectives, and enrich the scientific community locally and internationally.