The Mohammed bin Rashid Academy of Scientists is the primary body representing the UAE's science community. Composed of the UAE’s top researchers from several institutions in the country, with expertise in the fields of natural sciences, engineering & technology and health and medical sciences, MBRAS aims to establish a link between the science community, government and industry through supporting evidence-based policies, solutions to challenges, and creating opportunities.
Elevating the role of the academy to become a one stop shop for science advisory
Activating the roles scientists within the UAE, broadening their impact and showcasing their value
Improve public understanding and appreciation of science and technology, locally and internationally
Engaging researchers and scientists in the UAE in the development process of RDC ecosystem and shaping science policy
- Inspiring new generation of scientists and raising awareness about scientific research
- Promote MBRAS members and their projects.
- Promote science literacy in collaboration with media personnel
- Provide science community and media with tools for effective communication about science
- Elevate the status of MBRAS on international levels
- To review and refine the membership selection criteria
- To streamline the selection process
- To attract top ranking scientists nationally
- Retention and progress in STEM from both genders
- Promote women in science in the UAE and their projects
- Represent women in the science community
MBRAS Annual Meeting
The annual meeting is one of MBRAS initiatives held annually with the participation of all MBRAS members and affiliates. The meeting aims to discuss the challenges in the fields of health and medical sciences, engineering, technology and natural sciences through different roundtables and workshops. Members and affiliates will be responsible for developing initiatives and action plans to overcome the sector challenges, achieve the national agenda objectives, and enrich the scientific community locally and internationally.